The Rochester Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Mayo Clinic, the Diversity Council, and the City of Rochester are partnering to host the 2017 Supplier Diversity Summit to highlight the economic power that derives from the diversity within our business community.
This conference brings together area small and diverse businesses to learn and connect and to help them take the next steps in their development. The event will be attended by regional corporations, supply management organizations, support agencies and business associations interested in connecting with these businesses.
This year's event will feature Dr. Tony Byers, former Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion for Starbucks, as keynote speaker.
Recruited to head and revitalize Starbucks' highly respected and successful D&I function as Global Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Dr. Byers developed and led the company's strategic direction to drive engagement, innovation and business growth. With 20+ years working in the field, Dr. Byers brings a diverse set of experiences and thinking to his D&I practice, including work in the nonprofit and education sector, as an organizational management consultant and as an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota, Metropolitan State University and the University of Wisconsin. He holds a Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Development and a M.A. in Organizational Systems from Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, California.
7:45am - 8:30am - Registration & booth set up
8:30am - 9:15am - Preconference Session
- Women's Business Development Center - Minnesota (WBDC-MN)
- North Central Minority Supplier Development Council (NCMSDC)
9:15am - 9:30 am - BREAK
9:30am - 10:30am - Breakout Session One
- CORPORATE TRACK: "The Importance of Workforce Diversity" - Dr.Tony Byers, Former Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion, Starbucks
- SMALL BUSINESS TRACK: "Grow Your Business with Business Credit" - Dun & Bradstreet
10:30am - 10:45am - BREAK
10:45am - 11:45am - Breakout Session Two
- CORPORATE TRACK: "Supplier Diversity and Why it Matters" - Dun & Bradstreet Global Supply & Compliance
- SMALL BUSINESS TRACK: "Build Your Brand and Pitch Your Purpose" - Kabara Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies, Saint Mary's Univeristy
11:45am - 12:00pm- BREAK
12:00pm - 1:30pm - Keynote Luncheon
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS: "The Multiplier Effect of Inclusion" - Dr. Tony Byers, Former Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion, Starbucks
- SPIRIT OF DIVERSITY AWARD
1:30pm - 1:45pm - BREAK
1:45pm - 4:00pm - Business Expo