Dedicated entrepreneurial events are one sign of a healthy entrepreneurial community. These events, which are separate from meetups and similar networking gatherings, occur on a regular basis right here in Rochester. So mark your calendars. These events are a great way to engage and connect our entrepreneurial and startup community.
- 1 Million Cups Rochester: This educational program is straight out of the Kauffman Foundation in Kansas City. 1 Million Cups educates and connects entrepreneurs in over 110 communities across the country. During each event, two early stage startups tell their story for six minutes to a gathered audience of peers, mentors, and supporters. 1 Million Cups Rochester takes place the first Wednesday of every month at 9AM at Bleu Duck Kitchen. The next event is March 1st.
- TEDxZumbroRiver: TEDx are locally organized, independent TED-like events, where speakers discuss potentially transformational ideas. The very first TEDxZumbroRiver took place last year. This year, the event will be held at Autumn Ridge Church on Thursday May 18th.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW): GEW is a worldwide celebration of entrepreneurship, composed of locally organized events, in over 160 countries around the world. This year, GEW will take place November 14th-20th.
- Mayo Clinic Transform Conference: The Transform Conference engages healthcare innovators from around the world and inspires change through action to create a sustainable healthcare community. Transform 2017 will take place September 27th-29th at the Mayo Civic Center.
- Startup Weekend: This event connects innovators and mentors to build a product or service in only 54 hours and present the idea or prototype to gathered audience and panel of experts at the end of the weekend. Last year Rochester ran its very first Youth Startup Weekend. Rochester’s inaugural Startup Weekend will take place this fall. Startup Weekend is held in over 150 countries and has created over 23,000 teams of creative entrepreneurs.