Today on the podcast we chat with local innovator Dustin Walker, Founder of Revision2. This solo entrepreneur has created a working prototype of a tubular, aerodynamic solar panel that can be mounted directly onto utility poles. The prototype is sixteen feet long and contains 148 solar cells.
On the podcast today we chat about:
· Residential, commercial, and utility scale solar panel use in Minnesota.
· The focus of Revision2 on clean energy, clean living, and emerging industry opportunities.
· How becoming a parent and a challenge from his 7-year-old son launched Dustin’s journey into clean energy innovation.
· Aim of the startup to source manufacturing and supply chain and gain traction with local utility companies.
· Dustin’s use of the Minnesota Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for business advice and mentorship.
· His goal to build out the team and land funding in order to obtain some purchase orders of the solar panel over the next year.
Links from the podcast:
Rochester Rising Communication Session, Mental Health: https://www.facebook.com/events/2437009946576323/