This week on the podcast we chat with local entrepreneur and partner at Godwin Dold, Jay Adkins. Godwin Dold is a local law firm that specializes in business law, criminal defense, estate planning, commercial real estate, DWI defense, and civil litigation. The practice is currently a team of four and was originally founded by attorneys and entrepreneurs James Godwin and Rick Dold.
On the podcast today with talk with Jay about:
· the basics of Godwin Dold.
· what it was like to join a law firm at the early stages and help to build it from the ground up.
· how Jay’s entrepreneur wife encouraged him to take risks and risk failure.
· why this young entrepreneur enjoys practicing law in his hometown.
· the value of never burning bridges and building a “web of community.”
· the dynamics of the young attorneys at Godwin Dold.
· Jay’s background in public speaking, including his studies in television broadcasting at St. Cloud State, where he used to call college hockey games.
· Jay’s take on the current business environment in Rochester.
“All of these things that people want- to be their own boss, run their own business, be successful- those end results we see are tied with failures, every step of the way. …The more you fail, the more you succeed.” -Jay Adkins, Partner at Godwin Dold