This week on the podcast, we wrap up the final part of our discussion talking about mental health and entrepreneurs with Rosei Skipper and Chris Lukenbill. Check back in with Episode 90 to hear the first part of this podcast.
Today on the show we talk about:
· The stress and anxiety that results from tying your self-worth to your business.
· Having contingency plans.
· Why this is the prime time in Rochester to be an entrepreneur.
· The importance of tying your identity to something outside of your business or career.
· Methods that we can use as a community to start removing the stigma around mental health in our entrepreneurial ecosystem.
· The negativity of a culture that glorifies working excessive hours.
· Moments that have kept us going as entrepreneurs.
· The idea that when you say “yes” to one opportunity, you by default say “no” to other opportunities.
· The danger of living at the excessive extremes.
· Thoughts on the use of technology to facilitate meditation and stress relief.
This week we also check in with SCORE Southeast Minnesota to answer the question, “Does SCORE provide loans or financial capital to small businesses?”