This week on the podcast we sit down with Andy Smith of Gray Duck Theater. Gray Duck Theater is a micro-cinema set to open in Rochester this October, offering a “mid-level experience of theater and cinema.” Today on the show we talk with this former teacher turned entrepreneur about:
· His process getting to know Rochester as a new resident of the city.
· His vision and goals for Gray Duck Theater to create a local cinema that fosters community and conversation around film.
· Why Andy chose to open Gray Duck in Rochester.
· What he wants the film-going experience to be like at the theater.
· The current construction state of the theater.
· His focus on community support for this new to Rochester business, especially for Gray Duck’s Indiegogo campaign, which just launched this Monday.
This week on the podcast we also check in with SCORE Southeast Minnesota mentor Barm Alsbrook with a quick sound bite about the importance of keeping good financial records.