Today on the podcast we sit down with founder of Comicker LLC, Sean Williams. Comicker is a diversity focused, digital first, creator friendly comics publisher that Sean operates out of Austin, Minnesota. Sean is a New York Times best-selling comics writer and Montana native who cut his teeth in the LA film scene. Today on the podcast we talk about:
· The growth and creation of Comicker.
· The business model behind the publishing company.
· Trends Sean is seeing today in the comics industry, including expansion of paper comics into library systems.
· Lessons Sean learned from his first business endeavor Foot in the Door Entertainment, a film and television production company.
· The pivot Comicker is currently in away from digital and towards print.
· The difficulties of “operating in isolation” as an entrepreneur.
· The prep work Sean is currently doing for an exciting new iteration of Comicker.
“I saw how hard it was to basically break in as a creator…. There was no bridge between school and the real world. I wanted to create that opportunity for other creators, in particular.” -Sean Williams, Founder of Comicker LLC