This week, I got the opportunity to pitch Rochester Rising at the “Investors & Innovators: A Day in Rochester” event in town. This event, sponsored by the DMC, Center of Individualized Medicine, and Medical Alley Association, showcased local startups and entrepreneurs and included a walking tour of some of the proposed DMC sub-districts (photos below).
- The day featured one minute pitches from startups and entrepreneurial support services in Rochester and the Twin Cities.
- Shaye Mandle of Medical Alley Association also gave a few words.
- Medical Alley Association has been around for 35 years to champion the Medical Alley area of Minnesota, a range stretching from Duluth through Minneapolis/St Paul to Rochester, as a global center for healthtech innovation.
- Lisa Clarke from the Destination Medical Center (DMC) also spoke. DMC is a city and state-wide economic development initiative to make Rochester a medical tourism destination.
- At the end of this week, Rochester Rising will have existed for 12 weeks and have showcased stories from over 27 different local entrepreneurs.