This week I got to sit down and talk with Rochester resident Sunny Prabhakar about The Commission, a young professionals group in Rochester.
- The Commission is a young professionals’ organization that gives young people in Rochester a platform to make an impact in the city.
- The Commission is made up of three pieces: relationship building, mentorship, and professional development.
- Their most popular relationship building event, Cards & Coffee, is an informal morning gathering that takes place once a month at different businesses in Rochester.
- The Commission began when Sunny was starting a smoothie business in Rochester but noticed a large disconnect between younger and older professionals in the city. The Commission started out as a monthly breakfast to connect the community and grew from there.
- Sunny recommends any books written by Gary Vaynerchuk, including his newest book #AskGaryVee, to anyone looking to make a big impact with their business in the community.
- To learn more about The Commission and keep in touch, visit their Facebook or Instagram page.
Highlighted Rochester Rising article of the week: Summer Prototyping Festival makes Permanent Impact on City