This week, I had the unique opportunity to chat with two serial entrepreneurs that call southeast Minnesota home: Jim and Philip Conway, President and Vice President, Production Technologies at MN Medical Technologies in Stewartville, Minnesota.
- Jim and Philip are brothers from a family with deep entrepreneurial roots. Their brother, Peter Conway, founded Halcon Furniture, also located in Stewartville. The Conway family immigrated to Chatfield, Minnesota from England when Jim was eight years old.
- MN Medical Technologies provides a solution for fecal incontinence, a massive global problem.
- The brothers cofounded Arcon Corporation in 1979 and later founded Rochester Medical Corporation in 1988.
- Rochester Medical Corporation began by selling silicon folding catheters and silicon male external catheters. By the time the company was sold to C.R. Bard in 2015, Rochester Medical had developed an entire line of intermittent catheters and accessories. Rochester Medical products were sold in 76-78 companies and globally employed ~450 people.
- The Conway brothers and their team collectively hold over 50 patents.
- MN Medical Technologies broke ground in the Schumann Business Park in Stewartville, Minnesota in October 2015.
“The one thing that you have to be able to do is recognize other people’s talent and allow them to run with it. It’s all about having good people.” – Jim Conway, President of MN Medical Technologies.